Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Type: Full Time
Backend PHP Developer
PayMe is a Tel Aviv based FinTech startup that provides the world’s leading 360 financial solution for small businesses.
PayMe’s platform enables every small business to:
- Accept payments online & in person.
- Pay vendors easily and automatically.
- Access real time funding & Credit as needed.
- Access full invoicing and bookkeeping solution.
- Use multiple pre-integrated 3rd party services.
We’re targeting one of the largest markets in the world. Small businesses represent 99% of the world’s businesses and 60% of the global GDP and yet, they are the most overlooked and underserved segment in the economy. PayMe is leveling the playing field and helps these entrepreneurs succeed by taking all the hassle and headache off their plate and giving them the tools to focus on their core activity. We believe you should “Let The Baker Bake!”
What’s unique about PayMe?
We’ve entered our rapid growth and expansion stage and are planned to grow from 50 to 200+ employees over the next year. This is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, have an immediate impact on the product and the company’s evolution.
We are currently processing billions in volume for 80,000+ businesses and we’re just getting started. If you are talented, humble and ambitious – now is the best time to join a rapidly scaling rocket ship where you can make an impact and be a significant part of our journey.
Our R&D Department:
- We practice agile methodologies, building cross-functional teams around business value with a high level of independence.
- We aim for a DevOps culture, where each team has end-to-end ownership of their product, with a can-do and collaborative mindset.
- We’re passionate about quality at scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code. We work with various programming languages and data platforms to optimize the right technological solutions for each product.
About the opportunity:
As a backend software engineer at PayMe, you’ll become a valuable member of an innovative and fast-growing department, working in a truly Agile environment.
You will build FinTech products that help our clients as well as our internal departments to expand PayMe’s ecosystem and make an impact on our business daily.
We believe that developers should take full ownership of their work: from the initial feature planning phase alongside Product and Design; choosing the right technologies, designing the code and architecture; coding; PRing; and all the way to actual deployment in CI/CD environment, as well as post-deployment monitoring. It is all your responsibility.
Whether you enjoy writing complex business logic in the backend, take pleasure in writing clean and high-quality code, or tweaking infrastructure to perform well at scale, we encourage you to get your hands dirty end-to-end.
Collaborate with the rest of the engineering and product managers teams to design and launch new features end-to-end.
PHP 7, Laravel, MariaDB, AWS, RabbitMQ, Docker, Elasticsearch, Redis, Linux.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of proven experience in hands-on server-side coding (any OOP language, ex. Node.js, Java, C#, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience working as part of development teams.
- Designing and building the backend of complex in-house systems.
- Production experience with SQL databases.
- Experience with Agile methodologies while working in teams.
- Ability to work closely with the product team and create technical designs based on product specs.
- Team player with strong communication skills and the ability to provide mentorship to teammates.
- Independent self-learner that knows how to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Culture at PayMe:
Our philosophy centers around end-to-end ownership, which means that every team member is empowered and accountable. We love independent contributors that are fast learners and problem solvers by nature. We love positive people that are proactive about improving things and don’t accept the status quo.
We believe true innovation comes from a deep understanding of your area of responsibility so each team member is expected to be an expert in their field and know the ins and outs of how things really work.
We know the best people want to work alongside the very best and tackle the most challenging problems at a global scale. We have high standards and high expectations from one another. We set ambitious goals and work together to accomplish them. Excuses are for other people… We deliver.
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org